Sunday, August 01, 2004

Its a little chilly in hell...

Yes, it’s happened.
I swore the day this day would never come, and yet, come it has.

I'm one of "them".

I have an online journal.

But wait. Come back. Its not what it looks like. It’s not what you think it is. Oh, no. You wont find any tortured stories of lost love, personal soul searching or accounts of my trip to the grocery store here. No siree Bob. All you’ll find here is opinions. And ideas. And theories.

Wait, don't go. Its not going to be as self-indulgent as it sounds…

Well okay I lied about that but hey, it worked, you’re still reading aren’t you? I promise no more trickery like that though. Only honesty. Unless of course I don’t feel like it. But honesty is not really the point of this thing. This is just a forum for me to express my opinions on a variety of issues of varying degrees of unimportance. And there can be no lying when it comes to opinions, because there’s really only one opinion you can have on matters of pop cultural importance. Mine.

So never fear, you wont be getting any details of my personal life or deep insight into my inner being or whatever those new age people are referring to it as these days. No, no my friend (or random person with no life) none of that pish-posh will be found here. Hell has not completely frozen over. What you will find though, are my thoughts on things such as the state of hip-hop radio, why The Tonight Show symbolizes all that is wrong with America, the cultural significance of Mark David Chapman, and of course more “baseball as allegory for (fill in the blank)” bullshit than should legally be allowed to exist. (See told you I was lying about the self indulgent thing). I can already feel your excitement and anticipation. Please try to contain yourself.

Thank you.

Is there a reason why I have decided to embark on this pointless endeavor that I am still a little uneasy with and morally conflicted about? It comes down to basically this:

-I like to write and need a forum to do it.
-You like to read (liar) but find that books have too much “plot” and “character development” and “literary merit”. Plus you have no life.

So therefore I present to you my online “journal”.

I’m now off to go hang my head in shame, before I do something even more stupid. Like join Friendster…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, at least your cat doesn't have a friendster profile.
is it wrong to be so excited about the prospect of andy stokan with an online journal? have my sacrifices to zeus and his brethren proved so fertile?
oh, and i don't know why it says I'm anonymous, this is Caroline.