Monday, October 10, 2005

Feast on Scraps


 “The more you talk the less people listen” – Meg White

You know you take acting superstitions a little too far when you refer to McDonalds as “The Scottish Restaurant”

I think I speak for us all when I say “mamma say mamma saw ma ma cu saw”

“After 40 years of devoted service he made the classic mistake. He made a mistake”
- Jon Stewart on Dan Rather

Am I the only one who never realized “Please Please Me” was about sex? All this time I thought is was just about good manners.



“Children are like TV sets. When they start acting weird, whack them across the head with a big rubber basketball shoe.”
- Hunter S. Thompson

I am convinced Key Foods buys their apples from midget farmers.

“If she keeps putting you on hold, it's time to hang up the phone, pardner.”
- Larry King

Josh Lyman: All I'm saying is, if you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop to get a beer.
Donna Moss: If you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop for red lights.
(Note: As soon as I get time to watch season 2 on DVD there will be a full length article about The West Wing. You have my word on it.)

I think this year’s Oscar contenders will be hard pressed to come up with a better movie moment than Hilary Swank getting sucker punched into a coma.

“Computer games don’t affect kids. I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music” – Kristen Wilson - Nintendo Inc, 1989

I wonder how one chooses Central Park clown with good parenting messages as a career?

Entertainment Weekly: “You're a whole lot better looking than most comedians. Is being an attractive woman in this industry a blessing or a curse?”
Sarah Silverman: “It hasn't kept me from playing assholes. Plus I get tons of sex! On a serious note, I'm very, very beautiful.”

I don’t want to Rosh Hashanna. I’d rather take my time.

WOODY ALLEN: That's quite a lovely Jackson Pollock, isn't it?
GIRL IN MUSEUM: Yes it is.
WOODY ALLEN: What does it say to you?
GIRL IN MUSEUM: It restates the negativeness of the universe, the hideous lonely emptiness of existence, nothingness, the predicament of man forced to live in a barren, godless eternity, like a tiny flame flickering in an immense void, with nothing but waste, horror, and degradation, forming a useless bleak straightjacket in a black absurd cosmos.
WOODY ALLEN: What are you doing Saturday night?
GIRL IN MUSEUM: Committing suicide.
WOODY ALLEN: What about Friday night?
GIRL IN MUSEUM: [leaves silently]

“One night I couldn’t sleep so I decided to Nair my ass” – random conversation overheard on the subway

Me: (Some inappropriate comment about Jesus masturbating)
Caroline McGraw: Andy, I don’t want to hear about that. What happens in Nazareth, stays in Nazareth.

What’s the deal with observational comedy?

“-What do we think about when we’re trying not to think?
-I dunno. Ask America.”

I don’t care about your apathy.

One quote I never understood: “Here’s looking at you kid”
Not only is it grammatically incorrect, but it seems to be kind of stating the obvious. Either that or I just don’t get it.

I would like to just once, leave a numeric page.

“We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” – Plan 9 From Outer Space

“The only difference between comedy and tragedy is where you choose to stop telling the story”


Top 3 & 1/2 of the Week:
1.) MLB Playoffs
2.) “Now I Can Die in Peace” – Bill Simmons (book)
3.) “The Shining” trailer - http://www.ps260.com/molly/SHINING%20FINAL.mov
3 & 1/2.) Keyspan Park in Brooklyn

Thought of the Week:
Come see my play The Revelation Circus. Well not so much “my play” but I am in it. For info go to: http://www.revelationcircus.com/ or get tickets for only $10 if you register and order them on www.theatermania.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stokan-
I literally tapped my knee and exclaimed "yipee" when i saw that Fred was back and in full effect!

but i dont get it... a bunch of quotes. Tre lame.

BUT the quote by Kristin-something from Nintedno Inc, 1989 is cool. I heard that before but couldnt explain it right and didnt know its author.(I always thought that quote was prophetic as hell, but questioned the credibility of it and didnt want to give it more significance that it deserved) So I'll submit this to The AskFred.com:

What were there contexts of that quote?And of what significance was she to the company?

yeah, whud up with that?

yeah..word. Good luck with your show and stuff man. I'm glad the youre getting your writting out there. Let me know if some cool subversive, liberal, ballsy NYC publication you know of is looking for someone to bring them coffee and also maybe write some things sometime. Now that im not going to graad school anymore, i realize i wasted alot of time not interning because i was "so sure" i was going to grad school and NOT working an actual job. fuck. tough.

anyway, dont feel so bad. i hit the repeat button on "since youve been gone" way (WAY) more times than id like to admit. i spent most of early spring semester on the treadmill, i-pod in hand, blaring the tune. My favorite part that always amped me up is just after the third "thanks to you, now i get-" and she breaks in and does an octave higher "I GET WHAT I WAAAAANT"
and she holds that note. I especially like that part of the video too. Its grand. She's grand. Sigh. You know, i think i'll reread that post. Until we post again stokan.

Happy Musings,
Natalie